Friday, October 5, 2018

Learning Challenge: Reading

I read the article Can Reading Make You Happier?  While reading this article, I was intrigued how the author was talking about using reading as a source of personal therapy. I found this idea intriguing. I have noticed that when I go on vacation to the beach, for example, I always have a few light reads with me. Reading does improve my happiness, although I never really thought about it like therapy. I guess it truly is a form of therapy. After reading this article, I was encouraged to find more time for reading to relax rather than reading to learn dense science texts for my classes.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy! I am so inspired by this brief extra credit assignment. I’ve always enjoyed reading for fun, but also never thought of it as therapy, though on second thought I can definitely see how it qualifies. As college goes on I haven’t given myself enough time to read for fun- I can totally relate to the dense science texts part of your post! I’m definitely planning on making more time for free reading in the future. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete