Thursday, October 4, 2018

Reading Notes: Kincaid Mahabharata Part B

There is one very small part of this section of the reading that stood out to me. This section is where Krishna is meditating in the forest. While he is meditating, a hunter in the forest believes that he is a deer and shoots him. This stood out to me because I am from rural Oklahoma and deer hunting is a favorite hobby of many people in the fall. During the hunter safety course, it was discussed how relatively easy it is to mistake people in the forest for animals and accidentally shoot them. This is why wearing hunter's orange is such a big requirement while shooting. I could take this concept and craft a short story about this very type of incident happening. I believe it could be a realistic story that is both tragic and engaging.


Bibliography: Kincaid Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment