Friday, October 12, 2018

Story Lab: Advice to Writers

The most valuable piece I found was about how writing is all about selection. You begin your writing by selecting words. Then you select sentences and paragraphs. The power rests with the writer. If something is interesting to the writer, then it goes in the story. If not, then it goes out. Writing is all about selection. I found this an interesting thought to consider. Another valuable piece of advice was to forget yourself. You should look more closely at the world around you and gain inspiration from that rather than yourself. I think this will be a big help in my writing in the future. I am always trying to come up with stories that I can personally relate to. I need to work on breaking out of my comfort zone and writing about stuff as I see it rather than as I personally experience it.

Advice to Writers


1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew!

    I am doing the blog stream commenting extra credit, and this post caught my eye. Thank you for posting this writing advise. I also try to improve the stories that for this class. I think I will try to be more selective in the future.

    ReplyDelete