Saturday, September 15, 2018

Learning Challenge: Empathy

The article I read is 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People. I found it helpful to consider where a person is coming from before forming a harsh or critical thought. Another thing I struggle with is taking disagreements personally. In the future, I need to work on depersonalizing critical situations. Overall, this article helped me to remember that there is basic good in most situations, and I need to be better at putting myself in other people's shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew, I'm commenting on this post because I already commented on your introduction. I agree that it is hard not to take disagreements personally. I also struggle not to take feedback too personally. This article seems like a great tool for understanding the reasons behind someone's actions. Empathy is a hard concept to grasp for a lot of people, so it's cool that you're reading about it.

    ReplyDelete