Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think the reading and writing assignments are working great for me. The readings are enjoyable, and they provide ample opportunity for me to extract story topics and write creatively. My favorite reading was the Ramayana. I also greatly enjoyed the first week of folk stories. I think my reading notes are working great because I choose one segment of the story and brainstorm how to create a story of my own from that. I am happy with how my project is progressing. I think my biggest accomplishment so far is simply writing fictional stories using my imagination. I am so used to nonfiction scientific writing that it is a struggle to write creatively. I have progressed in that a lot.

I loved finding this image of Shantu stopping Ganga from drowning Bhishma. I feel that it added understanding to the story as I was reading and provided a good depiction of the events taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment