Thursday, September 13, 2018

Story Lab: Advice to Writers

I explored the advice to writers website. The first piece of advice that I found helpful is that nothing can break the mood like a bad dialogue.  This is helpful for me to keep in mind as I craft dialogue. I need to do better at making sure that the dialogue is smooth and flowing. I do not want it to interrupt the flow of the story, and it must be useful. In fact, it should build suspense and add to the story rather than take away from it.

The other piece of advice I found helpful was from C.S. Lewis. The advice is to practice, practice, and practice some more. This states that it really doesn't matter what you write, as long as you spend time writing. I found this to be helpful. I need to spend more time with my writing practice in order to turn out better stories. Even if it seems pointless, just the practice of writing can prove to be beneficial when it matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment