Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Feedback Thoughts

The first article that I read was Why Rejection Hurts So Much and What To Do About It. I was fascinated to read about the evolutionary history of rejection pain. I also found great use in reading that rejection is not personal. Personally, I tend to take rejection as a personal issue. This provides me something that I can work on in the future. The list of ways to cope with rejection, such as focusing on your positive qualities was really eye opening.

The second article I read was Seven Ways to Crush Self Doubt. This was useful for me because I constantly experience self doubt at the beginning of a semester regarding the difficulty of my classes. I tend to doubt my academic abilities and time management skills. It was important for me to read not to compare myself to others. It was also good to understand that everything does not have to be perfect. It is also important to set small, attainable goals and approach them with a growth mindset. By having a growth mindset to approach situations in life, you can crush your self doubt.

Looking back on my education, the most productive feedback experiences are when I was dead wrong about something in a class, but it was brought to my attention without destroying by grades. The most negative is definitely failing a test or assignment that you studied hard for. This allows self doubt to creep in. Feedback that has helped me grow in my hobbies, such as exercising, are when people take a positive and genuine interest in me advancing and try to help constructively rather than tearing me down.
Feedback. Source: Flickr 



No comments:

Post a Comment