Thursday, August 30, 2018

Growth Mindset: Sports

I read the article Learning and Performance Zones in Sports by Jeremy Frith. This article confirmed that growth mindset is a great attribute to have in sports and athletics. One thing that I had not previously considered was using practice as a learning zone and games as a performance zone. I found this to be very insightful. It is important to make sure that you are growing and addressing flaws in practice, while focusing on what you do best in games. The goal is not to be flawless in practice. The goal is to learn as much as possible and grow in weak areas. I am going to try to use this approach more in studying by focusing on skills that I have not yet mastered rather than trying to be flawless in practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment