Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

Gods and Goddesses: I think an interesting topic would be over some of the Gods and Goddesses. While I am not familiar with any of them in the list as a beginner to this subject, I do have some familiarity with some Greek Gods and Goddesses. I think it would be interesting to learn how the Hindu deities are similar and/or different. Some stories that would be interesting to tell could be retelling stories of the adventures of the gods. While I think it would be interesting to bring together multiple gods, it might be more beneficial to go in depth with one god and learn a lot about one.

Weapons of the Gods: Another interesting topic, in my opinion, would be the weapons of the gods. Again, I am more familiar with greek weapons such as Zues' thunderbolt and Poseidon's trident. So, it might be interesting to learn how the Indian weapons are similar. Some weapons that caught my eye were the Gandiva bow and the Pinaka. I would also be interested to learn how they are utilized by human warriors.

Creation Stories: This topic seems most interesting to me, as a biology major, because I thoroughly enjoyed my evolutionary biology class. I would be interested in Dashavatara, as I read that it has similarities to Darwin's theory which I am very familiar with. I am also interested in how some stories show gods with animal features. I feel that this could tie in very well with my interests in biology and evolution. Source: Wikipedia

Food: This topic would possibly be of great interest to me as I love to cook and eat. I am very willing to learn about new foods. Indian culture, and food in particular, are probably the most unfamiliar to me. I really enjoyed how one of the projects included lists of recipes. This could be something interesting to learn about and research. It could also be possible to tell how certain foods are important to Indian culture. Source: Wikipedia
Indian Meal Source: Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment