Sunday, August 19, 2018

Reading Options

I was very excited to explore the possible reading options. In my opinion, I think that I will be using the Public Domain Edition of the Ramayana.  I am intrigued by the fact that it is a compilation of different authors, as I feel this will provide more depth through differing viewpoints. I also enjoyed how there were audio clips embedded.

I also think that I will enjoy the online public domain edition of the Mahabharata. Again, the audio version is appealing as I am an auditory learner. I also enjoy how there are many background links to further supplement the readings.

One reading that I came across and found interesting was the story of Savitri. It seems to be the story of a great journey and the ability to overcome obstacles. While I do not yet know much about the subject matter, the themes in the summary seem appealing to my interests.

Savitri. Source: Wikimedia Commons 

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun making that PDE Ramayana, Andy: it is just me reading, nothing fancy at all, but I figured people could use some help getting used to how to pronounce the names. Some of the names are LONG. And if you are into audio, you could make audio recordings of your own stories if you want; it's so easy to just make an audio recording on your phone or at your laptop and then upload it, and put it in a blog post. You'll see how that works in the blog I made for the Ramayana, and it's also easy to embed audio in a Google Site too. :-)

    ReplyDelete