Thursday, August 30, 2018

Learning Challenge: Sleep

I read the article titled An Underappreciated Key to College Success: Sleep. One thing I learned is that there is a correlation between sleep quantity/quality and success in schools. I have known that sleep is important, but I was unaware of this fact. For a student, I have fairly decent sleeping habits. I am usually in bed at a respectable time, and I wake up fairly early as I am a morning person. I have noticed that being well rested helps me perform better in my academics and workouts. One thing that I do is go to bed and wake up at approximately the same time every day, as discussed in this article. One thing that I need to work on is not using electronics directly before bedtime.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    I've loved this opportunity to learn more about sleep and how different external things can affect our ability to sleep. On electronics, I've heard that it's the blue light that affects how our brain and eyes work, so to combat this, companies are interesting Night Shifts and red shifts so that we can still view our electronics but not stay up for hours after as a result.

    ReplyDelete