Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Time Strategies

I read through the articles The Important Habit of Just Starting and 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Manage Their Time. The first article was very relatable. I have always found that getting started is the hardest part. As stated in the article, once you have started a task there seems to be more motivation to finish. The second article also had some useful tips. I have found scheduling and keeping records very helpful for managing my time. It is also helpful for me to set goals and try not to spread myself too thin. My biggest time management challenge is trying to complete a task when I know that my friends/family are doing some other fun activities. This semester, I need to get better about pre-planning my week and keeping record of which activities I will do each day. I also need to plan fun activities and exercise routines to stay healthy and happy. One time management strategy that I have found successful is the use of a personal monthly planner. I write down important due dates of assignments for my classes, as well as other activities. There is a certain satisfaction that goes with crossings items off of my planner as completed.
Person trapped fighting time. Source: Maxpixel 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Andy, this is GREAT: getting done with the first week already is a real time management achievement already. Getting started is the most important step... and you have definitely gotten started with this class. I think I have all the Week 2 materials ready to go, but let me know if you notice anything missing, confusing, etc. I hope you will have fun with the reading and storytelling which starts in Week 2 with some ancient Buddhist jatakas from India, and then the actual epic Ramayana starts in Week 3. You'll see how all that works in the overview reading thing that comes at the start of Week 2. And congratulations on being done with Week One! :-)

    ReplyDelete